Manny Pacquiao, The New Welterweight Champion of the World


Manny Pacquiao beats Jessie Vargas by unanimous decision!


Manny Pacquiao, left, trades punches with Jessie Vargas. Photograph: Isaac Brekken/AP
Pacquiao wins a unanimous decision by scores of 114-113, 118-109 and 118-109.

“My aim every round was to knock him out,” says Pacquiao during an in-ring interview with Stephen A Smith. “I feel happy.”

Adds the new WBO welterweight champion: “After this I’m going back to Philippines to go work. But for the next fight, I’ll talk to Bob.”

Smith presses Pacquiao on whether he would rather fight Terrence Crawford or Floyd Mayweather, the two biggest names put out there for his next opponent.

“Whoever the people want me to fight,” he says. “I’m not picking an opponent or choosing anything.”


Pacquiao tops Vargas to regain title as Mayweather watches from ringside


No comments:

Post a Comment